Changing the Face of Business
THIS IS EMPOWERED HUMAN CONNECTION.
Stand out for all the right reasons.
Be seen because of the value you add to the world
Increase your influence by showing everyone that you're playing at the top of your game
Powerful Visual Communication IS ONE OF THE BEST TOOLS TO STAY AHEAD IN ANY HIGHLY COMPETITIVE MARKET.
Portrait Store was created to give Entrepreneurs, Executives, Academics and Industry Thought Leaders the most powerful, connected images... Ever.
Real people. Real Impact. Every Time
At best, being photographed is outside most people's comfort zone. For some, it's downright terrifying. We have built a system that takes all that away. We give you all the tools you need; and give you very simple, clear direction to get outstanding results.
You don't have to "be" confident or connected. We show you (very simply) how to "do" all the qualities you want to portray for the camera, so the pressure is off.
Portrait Store was developed for professionals so we show you exactly how to help you portray yourself, giving you the most powerful images you've ever had.
YOUR HEADSHOT SESSION
- Your Essential Portrait Store Headshot session is approximately a 60 minute process.
- We have a quick chat about what you do and talk about your audience and what they expect to see - in your attitude and the clothes you’ll wear (jacket and tie, polo shirt, t-shirt, etc.)
We had a rather young, up-and-coming CEO. He needed two different looks. Because of his age and position, he needed something that showed a high degree of professionalism and authority in one arena. But his primary business deals with a rural community and he was aware of the need to look less formal & more open and honest - a friendly “straight shooter” kind of guy- for the rural community.
- Once wardrobe is sorted, we get you in front of the camera and start with our unique ACE Framework (Angle - Connection - Expression).
- First determine the ANGLE that looks best for you. This is about 15 minutes experimenting with shoulders, chin, nose, tilt and of course the Turtle. ** All of the ANGLE photos go in the trash. None of them have all three ingredients needed to be considered as a final image, so there is ZERO pressure to get it "right" from the beginning.**
- We move on to CONNECTION, teaching you how to essentially reach through the camera so anyone viewing your photo feels a direct connection.
- Finally we get to EXPRESSION. At this point you know your best Angle. And you're Connecting through the lens like a seasoned pro. So we take the last few minutes to layer in the meaning and intention on your face... Sometimes that's a big smile, but more often we find people prefer to create a more intriguing tone when we show you how.
- The whole time we see each image come up on the monitor, giving us instant feedback and allowing us to craft a more precise result.
- At the end we compare a handful of possible winners (usually 5 or 6) and narrow it down to the very best two. Our process makes it surprisingly simple.
Quality over Quantity
Ultimately, this isn't about getting 50 mediocre, vacant-smile shots to choose from. This is about crafting the very intension and message you want to convey - on the spot.
It's a gradual process in which we layer our three steps, one on top of the other, so when all three come together it's a very honest, but well orchestrated result.
We get unparalleled success for everyone... Images with more credibility, professionalism and authority than any other photographers out there.
And every time, people say the same thing... "Wow. That was really easy!"
We guarantee our work 100% because we are positive that this process is the best out there.
How do we get THE outstanding results we are famous for?
We take a completely opposite approach to headshots than most photographers. We create the images from the point of view of your audience. After all, they are the end user. Not you. And their interpretation of what you show them is entirely outside your control.
So instead of trying to show them something, what we do is attempt to frame an experience in which they become the co-creators of the encounter. Because ultimately, that's what we do as humans. We interpret. What we do is give the viewer a set of cues in which they are forced to engage and interpret. A generic smile doesn't get you there. But when someone pauses, lingers for a fraction of a second more... Well, you've gotten their attention. And we all know attention is certainly the most valuable commodity.
- It’s not about making you look great. That’s a side effect. It’s about creating a Powerful, Meaningful Connection - giving your audience the chance to Identify with you… Not merely recognise you.
- Our system is designed to create maximum comfort and deliver outstanding results by removing unrealistic expectations (stress) through our unique 3-Part ACE Framework.
- ANGLE - We coach you through a range of motion, establishing your very best position and angles. Everyone is different, so this gives us the chance to understand you.
- CONNECTION - This is when we add some of our secret sauce to the mix and show you how to come through the camera to truly connect to your audience.
- EXPRESSION - Here we guide you through a series of facial manoeuvres to put the finishing touches on the image and create the meaning.
The first 15 minutes is just creating a foundation and all the good stuff comes at the very end (in the last 5 or so minutes). So there’s no pressure. And you see all the shots as they happen, ensuring you know we are moving in the best direction for you.
A lot of it can seem counter intuitive and feel quite awkward, but these are the 3 steps that allow us to knock it out of the park every time.