Do you want to learn to be a better communicator? Keen to hear some contrarian thinking on creativity? Interested in the idea of unleashing your superpowers? If so, you’ll not want to miss this inaugural episode of Communicator podcast. In this show, I was lucky enough to sit down with Ronsley Vaz. It’s difficult to condense Ronsley into a single paragraph. At various times, all of the following titles were his: entrepreneur, DJ, software engineer, financial adviser, restaurateur and chef, speaker, author, and marketer. His podcast, Bond Appetit, is Australia’s #1 food podcast on iTunes, and he’s also the founder of content marketing agency Amplify.
In this episode, we talk about self-communication, authenticity, how to think about and approach creativity, and ultimately how to let your inner powers flourish. We pulled at various philosophical threads, had a few laughs and rounded out with Ronsley’s advice that everyone should ‘remove the filter’. I found the talk fascinating, and I’m sure that you will as well.
Listen to the full podcast to hear all of the above, plus things like:
- The power of simply asking
- Reframing failures and always finding ways to see the upside
- Why cliches are harmful and what you can do about them
- Different approaches to communicating your creativity
- The value in asking uncomfortable questions
- The biggest gift that Ronsley’s mother gave him
- How to become a more complete version of yourself
- The value in exploring non-linear thinking
- The power of photography as a medium of communication
- The intimacy and communicational value of food