It’s so easy for us to get completely caught up in our own little business worlds that we forget that, to our customers, what we think we’re communicating can often be a foreign language. That’s why I was so glad to have the chance to talk to Jill Brennan in this latest episode of the Communicator podcast.
As a professional marketing consultant and founder of Harbren Marketing, Jill works with ambitious small businesses that want to build their own marketing engine that makes their marketing repeatable and scalable. Jill’s a master at helping businesses communicate with their customers from a perspective of empathy and perspective.
During our conversation, she brings some fantastic insights into how we can all communicate more effectively, both with our clients and as people. Not only does it make perfect sense, but best of all, it’s stuff that’s useful and actionable right now in your business or personal life.
But the goodies don’t stop there. We also get into:
- Why empathy can be more important than words
- Why a good vocabulary also has its place
- Understanding your own perspective and that of others
- Having a bigger vision for your clients than even they have
- How branding and collateral fits in to all this
- Tell the story of your business – it can be a key competitive advantage
- The value of communicating your mistakes and struggles
- Message attachment and objectivity
- The super secret of marketing communicators – Control-F